Tuesday, January 10, 2006

From my girlfriend's father...

JUST A REMINDER....31 days from today, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls. . YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS ...
To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone : 888-382-1222. It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years.

Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 or more for 411 / information calls when they don't have to.

When you need to use the 411 / information option, simply dial 1 800 FREE 411 or 1 800 373 3411 without incurring a charge at all except for the minutes required to make the call.

This is information people don't mind receiving, let people know.

2 Comments:

Blogger La Dulcinea said...

Whoa, I had no idea. That's crazy! Thanks for the tip.

12:37 PM, January 10, 2006  
Blogger Carl said...

Not to sound like a naysayer or a conspiracy theorist, but how do I know that this number isn't just a registry for telemarketers?

I Googled the 888 number and did find the correct .gov website, but it looks so shabby, I have to wonder if this just isn't a scam.

Not to worry, however. I did call and enter my telephone number, so maybe I can have a nice lawsuit going if I get a ton of unwanted calls now.

9:05 AM, January 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home