Friday, January 06, 2006

The Donnas...

Last weekend the GF and I got to hang out with my Boy Alan, who's holding it down working as a writer for the Carson Daly show on NBC. (Word!) He was in town for a Harvard Lampoon party on New Year's, and we met up for lunch and a quick (or actually long) car tour of the Boston-area. He brought his girlfriend, the lovely Torry (aka Donna C, the drummer) for the rock group, the Donnas. I love the Donnas. My sister loves them even more, but she wasn't home when I brought Torry over to meet her. Drats. Anyways, she wasn't "Hollywood" at all, and it's going to be pretty sweet seeing them in concert when they finish their album at the end of the year (I'll be paying for my ticket, of course). We ate lunch at Bertucci's in Lexington (and I showed the the whole battle route, etc.). And we did a quick tour of Boston's landmarks. Sorta. And, we ended up at Harvard, where we took some pictures of the old dorm Alan, the GF and I spent 3 glorious (-ly vain) years. The funniest is when we asked a current resident/student of Lowell House to let us in, he asked us what we did. When Alan said he worked for "NBC" the kid was like, "oh, what's that." In fairness to the student, he was from Japan, as was evidenced by the fact that he still had no idea what Alan meant when he said, "It's a television company that produces many television shows."

Here are the pictures.

Me and my Boy. I always wished we traded places... Except I would also get to keep my gf. But I would love to have an incredible drive to succeed, wit, genius AND a professional job as a writer, or wrestler.


That's Torry on the left, Alan, Me and The GF.

2 Comments:

Blogger jesse said...

Damn, I think you just made me a little more famous.

10:27 AM, January 09, 2006  
Blogger jomilkman said...

when you were planning on calling me (so that i could join you guys and slobber shamelessly over your friend's gf and generally ruin everyone's time)?!?

11:24 AM, January 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home