Thursday, September 15, 2005

My Friend's Wedding

I've had the pleasure of being apart of 3 weddings this summer. What a privilege! The latest one was in Vermont. Believe it or not, Vermont is BEAUTIFUL this time of year. The foliage was jade-green, and the scenery from the mountain range asthmatically breathtaking. We stayed in a lodge on top of a large mountain, in a time-share type of condo. Behind the gazebo was the trail where the groom proposed to the bride. (Speaking of the gazebo, it must've been to the west, since the sun was in my eye the entire time; I need to see the official video to find out what happens.) And it was small, many of the college blockmates could not make it, but that gave the ceremony this intimate feel.

Let me post two pictures of some of the people at the wedding. I'm not going to post pictures of the bride, who was wearing a gorgeous red dress, unless she wants me to.




I will however, put up a recent picture with three of the couples who were at the wedding. Guess which couples are married.



What's mad funny about this wedding is that like everyone was in a mixed-race relationship. Even the older people. If only Dick Cheney could see us now. Or then. Whatever.

So that makes 3 close friends are married. This means, my GF and I have a pretty good idea of what would work for our wedding. It gives us a chance to spend some quality time with each other and friends and relive our college days.

Which means more pressure on me. I know, I know, it's about time, but folks I just don't know what to do. I have so many decisions ahead, I don't know what to do. I get paralyzed when I have to make more than 1 decisions; I'm always afraid that I'll make the wrong one. Do I apply to grad school first? Do I finish losing weight? Do I just go ahead and propose? Do I need to change jobs where I can be closer, or in the same industry as her? Am I even old enough to get married, since almost everyone who got married is 25? Will she still even like me in 5 years? How much is a ring? Where can I buy one? What if I can't afford that much, no matter how much I save?

To you, I'm sure these are dumb questions. I need someone to create a schedule for me and the force me to stick with that schedule, because I'm just filled with uncertainty about the future, I don't want to make the wrong move.

I'm guessing I'm thinking too much about the choices I have to make. I should just go out there and make them. But, then again, agorophobia can be extremely comfortable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home