Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Ray, Constantine, Hotel Rwanda

Saw Constantine with my sister this weekend. VERY GOOD MOVIE...well, for me anyways, especially since I like theology and stuff. It was also cool to chill with my little sister.

Not so cool: Covering my eyes, gasping at a few interesting parts, and holding on to my sixteen year old sisters arm in fright. It was funny to see us all huddled, like two refugees. But with better clothes.

Ahh, speaking of refugees. See Hotel Rwanda. Very touching, and a very good performance from Don "Mr. " Cheadle.

Also saw Ray on DVD (own it). This guy is incredible. INCREDIBLE! And Ray Charles wasn't too bad either. Ha!

But it definitely defines a hero of a certain era who went through a lot not just for black people, but for artists and musicians, the blind, people, husband who cheat on their wives, people recovering from drug addiction...everyone. AMAZING.

If anyone's casting, I'll play Jamie Foxx when it comes time for his bio pic.

The best part about Ray? Seeing it with my girlfriend. (that's got to be worth at least a kiss, right?)

The worst part? Not being able to get over the fact that on one song, Ray Charles dimissed his backup singers, and sang the female parts himself. Is that even possible? That kind of talent is obscene. So is my spelling (if I spelt it wrong).

Keep Smiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home