Monday, February 07, 2005

So, I hurt my knee...

I hurt my knee.. I fell. I slipped on the ice and landed wrong on my knee. Unimaginable pain. Eventually I cried, which kinda sucked, since it stinks to cry. I tore the MCL on my left knee. That's the ligament that keeps it from buckling inward towards your other leg, which means that's what it does now. I'll spare you the rest of the gory details. Well, maybe I should've just stopped there. Ah, I'm too lazy to move the mouse over.

I fell in Somerville as I was walking home from Davis Square from an errand. I made it about half way, slipped, tried to get up ("Are you okay, Sir?" Yeah, I'm okay, "Okay, well put ice on it." Okay, can you take me to the hospit--don't drive off!)

Kelley was nice enough to meet me first, which was kinda funny. She was like across the street from me, but expected to see me standing…nope, I was lying on the ground, and waving my hands. People thought I was crazy. "Who's Kelley?" and sometimes, "I see Kelley too." I'M NOT HALLUCINATING! Get me an ambulance!

When I fell, people thought I was some bum, because I was moaning and holding my cell phone. Someone asked me for the time, and when I told them I broke my leg, they ran off in the other direction. I think they were going to jump me. Black on black crime, tsk-tsk. Others asked if I needed change. Nope, I need a ride to the hospital and some pain killers. Thanks though!
Speaking of which. The pain killers are great. (Oxycodone. That's O-X-Y…) They make me feel REALLY happy. I'm kinda sad because I haven't taken any today, and the very limited supply they gave me is running out. Sigh…I think I'm hooked. I might have to try nicotine gum next.

And then, as the EMT's are putting me into the ambulance, some woman walks by and is like, "wow, you've been here for an hour?" "did you see me fall?" "yeah, it happened right in front of me." I wanted to be like, "SO WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL AN AMBULANCE?" but it was probably because after I fell, I thought I could walk normally and be all macho...

Also the doctor got mad at me for calling her by her first name, and not "Doctor". Then I told her I thought I would get better service by calling her by her first name. NOPE!

Then the ER head-doctor or "attending" if you watch SCRUBS came in and said, "So, this is the fine leg right" and CLAMPS his hands on my left knee. Now, I'm not sure if this was his idea of a joke, but I think when I screamed "Got-damn it" and "Fk" really loud he got the idea. My mom just rolled her eyes, but it hurt damn it.

Also, the x-ray taking guy ("uh, radiologist?" shut up Katie.) had to twist my knee to get the photo taken. What part of, I can't move my knee doesn't he understand?

The ambulance people were cool. The guy went to Tufts and the lady went to MIT. Both about my age. Why does it matter? they cut my favorite sweat pants and my least favorite corduroys. Yeah, I was double-layering. It was cold last Monday!

I also was flirting with every female I could find in the office. Then again, my idea of flirting is asking them what there name was. In which case I was also flirting with guys. But, if you can get the Haitian nurses to give you an extra bit of care, then it's worth it. They even gave me a urinal to use while I was sitting. You see, you [censored], and it didn't leave any mess at all. It was [censored]! I highly recommend [censored].

Then, from the ER, I left a message on my work phone, if you called it, you would hear like a few people in the background talking about my knee while I leave the standard "I'm out of the office now, please"…It was classic, since a few of you complained about it. Sorry!

So, I'm here at work. The knee is…uncomfortable…but I keep getting the "are you milking this" comment? Like I'm going to strip off the cast and pull a Willis Reed/Terrell Owens and make a sale…Although, I have been cold calling like crazy today. (just in case.)
Oh, and I can't do [censored] anymore. ARGH!


Oh well.

Good Times.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is the best blog I have ever read- it has everything- comedy, drama, and the clever opinion about the day's events! Might I also say that I have a vested interest in it?

3:01 PM, February 08, 2005  
Blogger jomilkman said...

i have you beat. i fell off a bridge and broke my damn pelvis 4 years ago.

3:20 PM, February 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home