Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Head check, one two-one two

what's up with me like not wanting to take gifts from people? i just turned down an opportunity to sit in the company box seats at the fleet center to see my celtics play tonight. i think i need to have my head examined. iLOVE the celtics, i LOVE those seats, but for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to say yes. maybe this is my problem with sales. like i'm always afraid i'm imposing on someone...even when they say yes.

you know what i said? i said, "i'm organizing my call list for tomorrow." WHAT AM I, AN IDIOT?

this reminds me of the time when i worked for the former premier of bermuda, and I turned down a FREE (minus air fare) trip down there. so other members of the IOP took my place. It's something that still bugs me today. But I just felt like since I couldn't afford airfare, I also probably couldn't afford paying for anything else down there, and I didn't want to be this woman's charity case by staying at her mansion. BUT DAMNIT! ANYONE ELSE WOULD HAVE TAKEN IT....

and this is why I'm an idiot.

Does anyone read my blog anymore? Well, I guess I should post more.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an idiot. Seriously, it's SALES. In business, it's OK when people give you gifts- just not millions of dollars illegally.

8:12 AM, March 17, 2005  
Blogger Carl said...

Answering your question, yes, I read your blog. And yes, you are an idiot. YOU TAKE THOSE TICKETS NEXT TIME. It's F-ing sales and that's what happens. And then, when you're a big-name salesman, you give out the tickets and it comes full circle.

4:22 PM, March 18, 2005  
Blogger jomilkman said...

ditto.

5:25 PM, March 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if you're an idiot, but you are sexy. winkwink

6:57 PM, March 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home