Thursday, February 16, 2006

Time to Share: A Nother Spe Cial You Tube Post



I'm a big Jamiroquai fan.

There, I said it. I started to like them with this song, "Light Years", which was probably my first snow-boarding video. You got to admit it looks pretty cool. There used to be this cd store where you could go in and listen to cds before you bought them. I went to the record store and badgered the lady to get this CD, and when she did man was I glad. This was the first song that I heard. Amazing in it's synthesis of pop-funk-jazz and r&b all in the first verse-to-chorus. Wow. It blew my mind. And then reassembled the bits and put it back together again (eventually giving me back my sense of smell and taste).

You probably know Jamiroquai from this famous video (#24 of the top 25 of all time apparently). Or maybe this song--especially if you're a Napoleon Dynamite Fan. [SHARON!]

What I like about them is the energy of the band, from the lead singer Jay Kay, to their driving base and drum beats. It's good music to drive (and speed) to, and it's always something that pumps up your blood for a morning workout.

Speaking of morning workouts, I had a bad day at the office (yearly review --ug, I'm toast!), and went for a little shop-therapy afterwards (I desperately need new shoes to cover the hole in my socks. Get it? See, I'm saying you can see the holes in my socks because my shoes have holes..nevermind). And while I was at the ultra-working class Meadow Glenn Mall in "Medfid". I ran into this cute girl I've seen at the gym. At least I think it's her, and boy has she lost weight if it is! Anyways, I go up and say, "ah, what the hell, I'll just give a head-nod, and also smile at her 3-year-old-daughter-that-she-had-when-she-was-19." And what happens as soon as I think about hollering? Yep. Snot came out of my nose and hit my upper-lip. So much so that the slightly-darker than me, yet for some reason he's not black because he's Indian-guy who sells cell phones at one of those kiosks, grimaced and took a step back. No sweat. I wiped it on my t-shirt. BUT, quickly abandoned any thoughts of looking at another woman. Serves me right.

The thing is, I wasn't going to actually talk or say anything, but in the nano-second it took for that thought to fire between my synapses, my parasympathetic response (fight or flight) kicked in and my natural instinct, "must always embarrass myself in front of the opposite sex at all times, kicked in and snot flew out of my nose in some sort of pre-excitement, anticipatory counter-measure implemented by my girlfriend in such cases.

Such is life.

Well, enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home