Thursday, February 09, 2006

Grammy's Recap

And I don't mean as in "how's Gram-gram's doing?"

Man, I picked up my aunt from the airport last night. Great to see family again!

Anyways, I wasn't really down for watching the Grammy's, but I can't believe I missed the Gorillaz/Madonna performance. I really like that song, "Feels Good" and I don't care what you think, I thought Madonna looked pretty! I also think her song, "Caught Up" is a good song to work out to. I always seem to push out that extra rep or increase my cardio that extra bit when that songs on. It's got a great driving beat.

Did anyone see the troll sighting? Okay, that's a bit harsh, since I love Sly Stone. But man, something seemed off. Like they were doing this big celebrity "thank you" (Randy from American Idol? On stage?!?) but then, all of a sudden, this old-man comes out with a mohawk and doesn't lift his neck. and looked like he was having trouble with the piano and microphone. Sigh. I know there's all these rumors, well not rumors, I guess more like examples, where he was on drugs and didn't put on good performances.

Let's just say, I was happy to see him. His influence on music is vastly underrated as he was like the first guy to brazenly and openly combine rock with r&b and gospel. And if you haven't heard his stuff, I encourage you to try some Sly and the Family Stone out, stat (that's a medical term).

Jon, I know you don't like Kanye West, but man he had a good performance last night. And I think Jamie Foxx is pretty funny. I'm going to be there. on his level. Performing comed----doh! I'll never be famous! *sniff*

Apparently there was a Terrence Howard (Hustle & Flow, Crash), when he introduced Christina Aguilera and Herbie Hancock. I have to link to this, only because Herbie Hancock is (or was when I played) a piano influence of mine. ("Blank Hancock signed the Declaration of Indepence." "Herbie!")

Then there was a Jay-Z/Linkin Park thing with Paul McCartney. I don't want to link to it. Sorry.

This is a great performance from the Grammy's. (Damn that Beyonce's FIINNNE)
Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home