Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Articles

Woot! Had a great show last night. Well, sorta great. It was good. Meh, it was okay.
Next week we're probably having a free show and maybe showing a movie or something because of v-day. And yes, I believe that I'm going to be there, even though I have a lady-friend.

Here's something interesting in Wednesday's NY Times. Low-Fat diets don't work! I'm not sure if I should be happy and run through the streets yelling "I'm free (to continue to eat what I want)," or if I should be sad that there's nothing to save you from heart disease and the toil of losing weight?

Also, this is an article about a "Deutsch-bag." Basically, this guy is 24 and President Bush's youngest appointee. He was made a public affairs officer for NASA and was the person who made NASA change every reference they made to the "Big-Bang" as a theory and nothing else. Although the NY Times article doesn't meantion it, I also believe he put, or wanted to put, intelligent design-based science in NASA's websites, press releases, etc. Although, I don't have the article with me to back that up, so this is just conjecture. But it's a case where politics and personal beliefs can have a costly effect on society. Just think of the billions of dollars NASA spends -- and some of the ancillary benefits we get in the form of consumer products -- now imagine how hard it would be to achieve and of the success NASA's reached under an "intelligent design model". It would make space-exploration nearly impossible. Maybe that's the point.

And here's an interesting article on moral relativism. Upfront, it concludes that people may have a particular moral leaning, but then use job descriptions or economic reasons to justify tossing their morality away. Interesting.

Hope all is well for you. Talk to you later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home