Sunday, December 04, 2005

Something you might not know about me (or care to know about me)....

So, at the beginning of this blog, I set out a goal to make new friends and reconnect with old ones. While, I have reconnected with a few, I still feel I need to do a better job of just staying in contact and going out to hang with people. I've been busy, true, and I've had a wonderful new endeavor with Bragging to Children (new show next Tuesday; hot actress I've told you about will show up. She's single. aHEM!); but that still doesn't excuse the fact that I have a wonderful group of friends who deserve to know, in person, that I appreciate them. And that's something I have to work on

Yet, somethings I'm nervous about. As many of you guess, since I've gotten heavy, I get real nervous about eating in front of other people. Not that I necessarily eat bad, but I always see things in "catch-22's": Do I eat a regular meal or do I eat salad? Eat a regular meal, and someone says, "You should cut back. Eat salad." Eat salad and someone (often at work) says, "Is that really going to sustain you? You must eat a lot for dinner." (Honest to goodness that did happen at work.)

I'm also ashamed to admit that three of my ideas of "a good time" (date with Kate or with the Boys) are :
- Sit around and listen to sports talk radio, then take turns calling and telling the host how much they suck.
- Watch quality movies like: Akira Kurosawa's Ran. (I still have to find time to watch Ong Bak with Carl...argh, hate being busy!)
- Go to different comedy clubs, try some stand up routines on each other, and then laugh some more.

Just an aside, Dane Cook's on SNL tonight. He's funny, but what I admire most is how he was able to brand and market himself. I hope to figure out how to do the same with our comedy group.

I had more, but I forgot. Good night!













Scene from "Ran"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home