Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Cappuccino a go-go

Believe or not, I rarely have coffee. Why? When I went to Spain in '95, I had so much coffee, I was literally an addict. After being such a miserable sod during the week I went cold turkey, I rarely tempt myself with a cup of Joe. Plus, after you've enjoyed the sweet kiss of a cafe bon-bon, you rarely have time for anything else. Imagine a shot glass filled with a double-mocha latte. Enjoy!

Anyways, today we had our office Yankee swap. You know the one, where you bring a gift, pick a number, and then blindly take a gift. And if you don't like it, you can switch with someone who went before you? Yeah, I was mean at first, swapping one of those ball-and-pendulum things you put on your desk for a $25 gift certificate to Barnes and Nobles. After losing a brand-new book for a neck massager (SHARON!), I got nice and gave up my semi-precious neck massager for a box of Winter Wonderland themed plates and cups.

Now, why would allow myself to be duped? It's because I was positively sublimated after a delicious cup of Cappuccino, with a small piece of manna bread (or biscotti. Manna, biscotti, same thing?).

As mentioned earlier, I don't drink coffee. But I have not been this alert and satiated in a LONG while. Are there any positive health benefits from this magical russet-varied port? I think I'm ready to start a new relationship with another brunette.

PS. The Café Escadrille is a great establishment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elliott said...

It keeps you, uh, 'regular'.

4:51 PM, December 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home