Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Take two "Slyvania's" and call me in the morning.

This cold's killing me. I feel like taking a sledgehammer (Peter Gabriel: I WANNA BE…YOUR SLEDGE HAMMER!), to my sinus to relieve some pressure. I've also been wearing two to three extra layers to minimize the shakes and reduce my headache (fever? I'm not putting a thermo' up my butt to check).

This cold has been leaving me a bit frustrated and irritated. (Trying to hold off from making black-Baptist-preacher-like combination of words. Ohhh….rational side losing. ARGH! Can't hold out for long…)

I'm feeling fustigated. Irritrated, first-rate irritatrate mustargated. Ahh..much better. Thank you Rev. Al Sharpton. (Momma always said I would make a good preacher.)

At work, a client called me back with a question. I answered off the top of my head. I was close, maybe 90% accurate. Not happy with my answer, I did some research, and got back to the client. He was a bit upset that, and snapped at me, probably because they don't have time for me. Me? I was a bit taken aback, and really had to catch myself before I went off the precipice and told him that I was only trying to save him a phone call because I did it for him. Rather than do anything, I just told him to have a nice day and then I hung up the phone. See, you have to constantly smile that crap-eating grin in politics and sales and just take the slings and arrows. But then again, I truly love people so it's a job-related hazard I guess. Then again, loving people, usually means you're empathic, making you more sensitive and susceptible to people's impolite quirks. The French have a phrase for it: "Such is life." (Roughly translated from my "Japanese-Spanish" dictionary.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home