Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Sunday's BTC show

Sunday Bragging to Children had a wonderful show. More comfortable on stage, despite my fatness, I didn't flub any lines, and I didn't do anything terribly out of character. Okay, there was one time when I smelled my belly-button for laughs; but this time when I dry humped someone it was part of the show. That of course implies that I've dried hump people out of context: I don't remember if I haven't, but I just want to qualify it in case I have.

A friend from Weymouth (spelling?) stopped by with her family and sat next to my hubba-hubba. My dad and two sis's came, but mom stayed away because she wasn't feeling too good (and I think she was worried about what I would do on stage to get a laugh.) Also in attendance was Topper Carey, TV producer extraordinaire ("Martin" and numerous PBS specials). Another guest in the audience was castmemeberSusan's (sic) former teacher, James Murray, who happened to be a casting director for SNL. Wow. Good thing I didn't realize how much clout we were performing in front of, or else I would have performed badly. It was also a GREAT thing to observe the audience's reaction to jokes I wrote in the skit, or came up with in rehearsal. I'm actually, for lack of a better term, "Decently funny." Or, at least I register a, "meh," in the funny circle of life.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come there was only one show this past week and three all the way in December?

2:57 AM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger jesse said...

I always wonder if it's dry humped or dried hump. It's kind of like mothers in law vs. mother in laws.

12:56 PM, October 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home