Wednesday, January 18, 2006

It's Official

I made up a word:"Reverentially."

Also, I don't "hate" supply-side economists. Nor "right-wing" politics. I just think it's not sustainable over a long peroid.

I think unfortunately, most people can only see within their lifetimes. And I think most people underestimate how long they'll live. They say, "You know, I might not be around in 1, 5, 10 years for this to really take effect. I think I'll go with the quick fix now." And when you try to fit in reforms into such a small-time frame (such as when they took the far-reaching McCain-Feingold campaign finance bill and tried to condense it in time for some people who had upcoming election), you usually ruinor at least severely crack the foundation you were building.

I also think we're creating, or rather reverting to, a certain aristocracy we had in late-Europe and in America where (intellectual) property owners have the most rights and all the treasures from America's hard work. I think our political life has soured because people (most of whom are poor- or working-class) have lost access to the American economic dream. I believe in a country like America, economics and politics are close cousins. I believe Americans have lost faith in our economic system, which is far from equitable. I fear that productivity will decline, our consumer power will decline, and then everyone, rich and poor will suffer. Needless to say, our economic life is souring, but we can right out shift. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be much political will to make the necessary changes to save our country. It's all a negative shame-spiral, that will only abate once we look ourselves in the mirror and try to change our attitude about equality...

*yawn*

I need to go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home