Sunday, October 02, 2005

New Content

So I realize that I haven't given you any new content in a while--which means I won't be telling you about Jon's excellent deed, or Frank Rich's NY Times article unless you wont me to--but I think I will tell you two new stories.

I just got NBA Live. If you had a recorder, this is what you would have picked up: "Oh man. Oh. Oh...Ohhhhhhhh! I can't believe it! YESSSSSSSSSS!" It's a fun game.

Here's some "extrapolation" of my email address:

"i assume that your email, specifically the word "townes" is a reference to
the plight of early americans, and their use of vernacular like "towne,"
with an "e," in an attempt to mirror the lives previously held in the old
world, and preserve the security that one could, even when relocating to an
unfamiliar new territory. and, subsequently, a reference to the dual nature
of a society which has branched from an old one; as both a transplanted
"foreign" culture attempting to retain and indeed spread its own ideals, and
yet a fledgling animal in its infancy, with both the potential to improve
upon or perhaps in doing so destroy the ideals previously held in the parent
society. and the "r" in "rtwones@******.com" is obviously a short way of
pronouncing either the word "our" or "are," either of which really works
towards your point, which if i'm correct, and please correct me if i'm
wrong, of implying that plurality that we see. it is both "are," as in this
society in which we currently reside, and the societies in which most of
western civilization resides "are" reflections of this philosophy, and "our"
as you are trying to impress upon your reader that they too own a share of
this, perhaps sad, perhaps promising, perhaps both, situation.

right?

or was i reading into that?"

Very funny. I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home