Thursday, February 23, 2006

Dim Sum with Friends



The cool thing about going to a chinese restaurant with a shell-fish food allergy is that there's not too much you can eat. Even the "beef" dishes sometimes have shrimp in it. For instance, there is one dish that never causes me problems, and then we find out it is mostly pork, but with one piece of shrimp in it. It's "lo bo gao" my favorite, but now I can't eat it "just in case" I have a reaction. As anyone will tell you there aren't too many good dim sum dishes that don't have shrimp in it, aside from Cha Tsu Bau. I had my epi-pen, and I was so tempted to just go ahead and take a bite.

This allergy's so weird. Like, when I got tested, I came back negative, but then I had a reaction on V-day. So, it makes me think there's something else at play. Some ingredient or something that's in some dishes but not in others.

Anyways, Fornication Under Consent of the King, to:
- Legal Seafood for their prices and for their snobby waitress who served me peanuts
- Lemongrass in Lexington for giving me peanut sauce, when I told them I had a peanut allergy (because the dish had to have peanuts in it).
- Dim Sum for not having many good non-seafood dishes except for Cha Tsu Bao ( Ta Sue Bow)...which is the Cat's Meow.

Nevertheless it was a blast for the LadyBug and I to visit some old roommates who are really, truly awesome people to hang with...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home