Sunday, April 30, 2006

I'm the luckiest man alive

I haven't been blogging much, because I had some BIG changes in my life, and I didn't want to spoil the surprise by tipping them off accidentally in my blog.

As of 8:15, Saturday April 29th, KBraptor has made me the happiest and luckiest man on the planet. To set the scene, I asked KB earlier in the week if she wanted to go for a walk--which was weird because I hate walking in the AM. Then this Saturday, we woke up (me MUCH earlier because I was having nightmares that my ring was inadequate. Yes, my ring only. aHEM!), and drove to the Week's Foot Bridge, the place of our first "date" many years ago.

I asked her to pose for a picture, which made her even more suspicious because I don't really take pictures. And while I'm fumbling for the ring I hid in the camera case, I'm trying to say some long speech that I had memorized earlier in the week. Of course, I forgot that I was only thinking the speech and not actually saying it.

So, when I presented her the box, I completely jumbled and botched the line, "Will you make me the luckiest man and do me the honor of marrying me, KB," I think I said something like, "Will you me and make me the luckiest man of marrying me and do me the honor." Eventually I just gave up and thrust the box at her.

She was like, "Are you kidding me."

Then I got up on my knees. And then I said, "Wait, is that a yes?"

And she said, "Yes, it was a yes." Smiled, and we hugged and kissed.

I then proceeded to try and get people to take our picture, but I think the site of a big, black man in a hooded sweatshirt, lunging at passerbys, yelling something unintelligible scared people off.

Me: "heywillyoutakeapictureofmeandmynewfiancerightnowbythebridge?"
Them: "Uhhh-hhhh! AHH!!!!"

Yes indeedy. For the past two months, I've been to nearly 20 jewelry stores (some of them more than twice), brought out 5 people, and changed my mind at least 9 times on which ring I wanted to buy.

Now, I'm engaged. Wow....what a day.

Don't ask about the wedding (or if I have to a tracking device inserted underneath my skin). Let me take this one day at a time.

2 Comments:

Blogger jomilkman said...

i'm absolutely overjoyed. congratulations!

(and you've got plenty of time to worry about planning the weding, so why sweat it now?)

10:24 AM, May 01, 2006  
Blogger Elliott said...

Congratulations buddy!

Star Wars wedding?

12:52 PM, May 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home